|SAO Programme Code||UK3|
|SAO Programme Type||G2*|
|Programme Period||19 July – 08 August 2020|
|U Macau Application Deadline||21 February 2020|
|Courses||Choose one of the below courses:|
* These courses are led and delivered by St Mary’s University.
|Programme Fee||Tuition Fee: 1,840 GBP (nominated by UM)|
Accommodation options off-campus in Kingston Upon Thames will also be available for students to book. Details will be shown in the below website soon.
You must show a good level of understanding of the English language as all courses are taught in English. They assess your ability through your application form and correspondence.
*SAO reserves the right to change the programme type/amount of sponsorship based on the actual expenses spent during the trip
(Very Unsatisfied 1 – 4 Very Satisfied)
Overall experience : 3.3
– Procedure of the application: 3.5
– The length of the application: 3
– The attitude of the staff in consulate/embassy: 4
– Course Intensity (Very intensive 1 – 4 Not intensive): 3
– Payment of programme fee: 3
– Course arrangement: 2.7
– Airport pick up service: Null
– Buddies: Null
– The entertainment of extra activities: 3
- The course content is too broad.
- These two activities “Welcoming BBQ” & “Karaoke Night” were organized. However, it would be much better if more activities are provided.
- We have 3-hour lecture and 1-hour seminar every weekday.
– The price: 2.7
– The location: 3.3
– The cleanliness: 3.7
– The Facilities: 3.3
– The attitude of staff: 3.7
- We couldn’t turn on the heater so it will be a bit cold.
- The location of dorm is far away from central London. It is a bit boring to stay at dorm.
- Every morning I woke up with birdsong and the temperature was around 18 degrees.
– The price: 3
– The taste: 2.7
Comments: MOP60-80 per meal; limited choices
“At first, I was upset because we were not really in the University of Warwick. Instead, we studied in another University called St. Mary’s University. But after the three weeks, I had a better understanding. Firstly, studying in Twickenham, it was more convenient for us to go to central London. We went to London almost every weekend. It only took us 40 minutes from the nearby Strawberry Hill station to central London Waterloo station. Secondly, the St. Mary’s University has a very good environment for studying and living. It is even a place to train the athletes from everywhere in the world. We were lucky to meet Chinese National teams training in this university. They were trained for the 2017 World Championships in London. Japanese national team and some school teams like University of Oxford teams were also training in there.”
“The campus environment is good, it contains refectory, washing machine, library and quite nice dorm which include an individual bathroom inside. And also the campus has a very good gym which several national teams also trained here for World Championship held in London like Chinese team, Japanese and UK.”
“I often went to central London on weekends, and it took only 30-minute train from my school to the central. So it was easy for me to travel around London and the famous scenic spots in London, such like London eye, big ben, tower bridge and so on. ”
“Apart from the course, the Warwick summer school also organized some optional trips. I took the Brighton day trip. It was also a rainy day. But I think school offered a much cheaper price than others or you go there yourself. And also they left a plenty of free time for you to discover the place you are interested, and we will travel back by the coach. It was convenient and saved money.”
“One of the most exciting thing only happened in our course is that we include three academic trips which includes Bank of England, House of Parliament and Hampton court.”