|SAO Programme Code
|SAO Programme Type
||01-05 July 2019
|U Macau Application Deadline
||15 February 2019
||The Summer School covers essentially 5 topics :
- subject I (day 1): general introduction (historical evolution – Schengen included) and institutional issues.
- subject II (day 2): Judicial cooperation, including the evolution from classic judicial cooperation (Mutual Legal Assistance instruments) to mutual recognition instruments. Special attention will be given to the European Arrest Warrant, the European Investigation Order, Freezing orders and conflicts of jurisdiction.
- subject III (day 3): Approximation of substantive and procedural criminal law, and judicial control;
- subject IV (day 4): Actors of the EU area of criminal justice, particularly Europol, Eurojust, the EJN, OLAF and the EPPO;
- subject V (day 5): Police cooperation, data protection and external dimension of the EU area of criminal justice.
||€400 for students/ researchers (2018 information, for reference only)
- A high level of English is also required.
- Applicants must hold a degree in law, political science or international relations, or have professional experience in the relevant field
*SAO reserves the right to change the programme type/amount of sponsorship based on the actual expenses spent during the trip