|SAO Programme Code||NL1|
|SAO Programme Type||G1*|
|Programme Period||6 – 17 July, 2020 (10 school days; weekend of 11-12 July is free but some courses have special events during the weekend of 11-12 July)|
|U Macau Application Deadline||14 February 2020|
|Quota||5 quotas per course|
(Please visit the programme official website for the latest information)
|Courses Fee||Digital Brand Engagement||EUR1250|
|Urban Entrepreneurship Bootcamp||EUR1250|
|Supply Chain Management: the Connected Hub||EUR1250|
|European Business Skills||EUR1250|
|Practising Human Rights in Urban Areas||EUR695|
|Software for Science||EUR875|
|Virtual Fashion Design: the new real||EUR1100|
|Experimenting with Virtual Reality||EUR875|
|Business of Sport Events and Music Festivals||EUR1250|
|Digital Design & Robotic Construction||EUR1100|
|Reversed City Marketing||EUR1250|
|Urban Interaction Design : creating games for cities||EUR1025|
|Professional English and Personal Branding||EUR1250|
|Capital Game concepts||EUR875|
|* The availability of the above courses depends on the announcement by the host university
**Students nominated by UMacau may enjoy EUR50 discount upon confirmation of SAO for course+housing preference; an extra discount of EUR50 will be offered for completion of application before 1 April.
|Requirement||Please refer to the requirement for each course: https://www.amsterdamuas.com/summerschool/courses/courses-2019.html|
|English Requirement||Students are expected to have a good command of the English language (IELTS 6.0, B2, TOEFL 550 or equivalent) in order to follow the lectures, write papers and participate actively in the discussions.|
|Accommodation||– A private room arranged by the AUAS (EUR465) , or
– A dormstyle room arranged by the AUAS (EUR420)Housing via the AUAS Summer School:
Arrival Date & Check-in: 12:00 on 4 July (Saturday) if you are planning to arrive after 23:00, you are advised to book a hotel for that night.
Departure Date & Check-out: 10:00 on 18 July (Saturday)
– Students may also arrange their own accommodation if not using the accommodation service provided by AUAS
*SAO reserves the right to change the programme type/amount of sponsorship based on the actual expenses spent during the trip.
(Very Unsatisfied 1 – 4 Very Satisfied)
Overall experience : 3.3
– Course Intensity (Very intensive 1 – 4 Not intensive): 2
– Payment of programme fee: 3
– Course arrangement: 3
– Airport pick up service: Yes, need reservation
– Buddies: Yes
– The entertainment of extra activities: 3.1
- I was in digital brand management. The course was about how to manage our own brand on the internet. We were asked to complete a project about comparing two different YouTube music channel. We needed to design a website page to show our data and make a presentation for the two MTV companies.
- The Amsterdam University of Applied Science is located at the city center, close to public transportations. They provided pickup service for students arrived at a certain period of time.
- I enrolled in Professional English and Personal branding. Except basic Grammar, there are some useful elements for students who are planning for working in great companies. Such as writing a CV, writing a personal statement, taking a self-introducing video and etc. These techniques will be very useful if you are looking for jobs. At the very last part of the course, there is a company visit. Students are able to visit a famous company in the Amsterdam where they provide places and resource sharing for people to start new companies. The teacher also brought us to the national museum, where I had visited on the first day in Amsterdam. The workload of the course is quite heavy, that’s why you can only visit some tourist spots only at the weekends.
Accommodation (Off-campus dormitory)
– The price: 2.8
– The location: 2.7
– The cleanliness: 2.9
– The Facilities: 3
– The attitude of staff: 2.8
Students are allocated to three different dorms, most of them were living in Fraijlemaborg, which is a dorm 15 minutes away from the school, and 25 minutes away from the city center. It is only 5 minutes’ walk from supermarket, different shops and restaurants.
– The price: 3
– The taste: 2.5
I tried to talk to other nervously as I was not used to speak English. My professor encouraged me a lot in class to speak up and communicate and him and classmates. I love the study environment