|SAO Programme Code||NL1|
|SAO Programme Type||G1*|
|Programme Period||6 – 17 July, 2020|
(10 school days; weekend of 11-12 July is free but some courses have special events during the weekend of 11-12 July)
|UM Application Deadline||21 February 2020|
|Quota||5 quotas per course|
(Please visit the programme official website for the latest information)
|Courses Fee||Business of Sport Events and Music Festivals||EUR1250|
|Capital Game Concepts||EUR875|
|Digital Brand Engagement||EUR1250|
|Digital Design & Robotic Construction||EUR1100|
|Educating Amsterdam: Diversity and the City||EUR995|
|European Business Skills||EUR1250|
|Experimenting in Virtual Reality||EUR875|
|Practising Human Rights in Urban Areas||EUR695|
|Professional English & Personal Branding||EUR1250|
|Reversed City Marketing||EUR1250|
|Software for Science||EUR875|
|Supply Chain Management||EUR1250|
|Urban Entrepreneurship Bootcamp||EUR1250|
|Urban Interaction Design: Creating Games for Cities||EUR1025|
|Virtual Fashion Design: the new real||EUR1100|
|* The availability of the above courses depends on the announcement by the host university|
**Students nominated by UM may enjoy EUR50 discount upon confirmation of SAO for course+housing preference; an extra discount of EUR50 will be offered for completion of application before 1 April.
|Requirement||Please refer to the requirement for each course: https://www.amsterdamuas.com/summerschool/courses/courses-2019.html|
|English Requirement||Students are expected to have a good command of the English language (IELTS 6.0, B2, TOEFL 550 or equivalent) in order to follow the lectures, write papers and participate actively in the discussions.|
|Accommodation||– A private room arranged by the AUAS (EUR465) , or|
– A dormstyle room arranged by the AUAS (EUR420)Housing via the AUAS Summer School:
Arrival Date & Check-in: 12:00 on 4 July (Saturday) if you are planning to arrive after 23:00, you are advised to book a hotel for that night.
Departure Date & Check-out: 10:00 on 18 July (Saturday)
– Students may also arrange their own accommodation if not using the accommodation service provided by AUAS
*SAO reserves the right to change the programme type/amount of sponsorship based on the actual expenses spent during the trip.
(Very Unsatisfied 1 – 4 Very Satisfied)
Overall experience : 3.5
– Course Intensity (Very intensive 1 – 4 Not intensive): 3
– Payment of programme fee: 3.5
– Course arrangement: 3.5
– Airport pick up service: 3.28
– The entertainment of extra activities: 4
Accommodation (Off-campus dormitory)
– The price: 4
– The location: 4
– The cleanliness: 4
– The Facilities: 4
– The attitude of staff: 4
Accommodation (On-campus dormitory)
– The price: 4
– The location: 4
– The cleanliness: 3
– The Facilities: 3
– The attitude of staff: 3
Comments: a little bit late to receive email for accommodation confirmation a week before the departure.
– The price: 3
– The taste: 2
- it is efficient to deal with the transportation on arrival
- the location and the condition of the student accommodation Fraijilemaborg is convenient with fully equipped, near the station, 25 minutes to school, near supermarket and coffee.
- the course is useful and funny, can learn a lot about the business of local sport events and music festivals of the local culture.
- Learned different cultures from many students from Asia, Europe and America.